ELECTRO-AIR ELECTRONIC AIR CLEANER – 1400 CFM
The first electrostatic or Electronic Air Cleaner was developed by Westinghouse in 1935. The “Precipitron”, came out of “a successful failure” in research, and a hopeful house-cleaning experiment in Pittsburgh. By the 1940s, the Precipitron was used in homes, offices, hospitals and factories, literally electrocuting dust and dirt out of the atmosphere. Westinghouse eventually left this industry and Electronic Air Cleaners continued to evolve over the years.
Electro-Air of Canada introduced its first Electronic Air Cleaner nearly 50 years ago and our history of performance and reliability have made us the #1 manufacturer for many of the world’s largest heating and air conditioning OEM’s (original equipment manufacturers).
Electronic Air Cleaners to this day are still the tried and true method of cleaning the air and offer benefits over other air purification technologies. Their operating costs are lower, using less energy than a 40 watt light bulb. They operate with a very low static “pressure drop” otherwise known as airflow resistance, which helps reduce unit and system operating costs. And they are “Earth Friendly” as the filters can be washed and re-used over and over again, for many years.
A study by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation testing a variety of forced-air furnace filters found that Electronic Air Cleaners provided the best, and most cost-effective means of cleaning the air using a forced-air system. In other words, Electronic Air Cleaners are able to produce the most amount of clean air, at a lower cost than other air cleaning methods.
- Manufacturer: Electro-Air Canada
- Model Series: Electro-Air / Five Seasons
- Item Description: Electronic Air Cleaner – 1400 cfm (Duct-Mount)
- Manufacturers’ Part Number: EASASD-11ASC
- Nominal Size: 16″ x 25″
- Required Supply Voltage: 120 VAC
- Operation: Interlocked ( includes electronic air proving switch )
- Maintenance Schedule: See documents folder
- Purifying Technologies Utilized: EAC
- Air Flow Delivery: up to 1400 CFM
- MERV Rating: Merv 12-16
- Installation Method: return plenum / duct-mount
- Power Consumption: 30 Watts
- Weight: 37 lbs.
- Manufacturers’ Warranty: 5 Years
5-Year Limited Warranty on covered components